Find out which app is currently the best
My Xbox Live
Developer: Microsoft Corp.
Version: Varies by Device
Platform: Android, IOS, Windows Phone
Google Play Description:
"Take your Xbox LIVE experience wherever you go with the My Xbox LIVE app. Track and compare your achievements, connect with your Xbox LIVE friends, and change up your 3D Avatar. Review all the recent great games you and your friends love to play and compare achievements with them. Access Xbox Spotlight feeds, get breaking news from Xbox LIVE, game tips and tricks, gamer spotlight and much more."
What is it?
Basically what it sound like, a Xbox live app manager that allow you to do things from watching videos, seeing what your friends are doing online, message your friends, add friends, Change up your avatar, set beacons, view and compare achievements and more.
Does it work?
Yes, so far its pretty flawless...
- Beautiful UI, it makes your realize how pretty windows phone 7 really is...
- Your Avatar is fully animated... (think how it works on your Xbox live dashboard.)
- You can customize your avatar right off of your phone / tablet.
- Send messages (Text)
- Read Messages (Text)
- Remote Access
- Its not the Smart Glass that Microsoft was boasting about at E3 2012
- You can't listen to voice messages nor can you send them
- No remote access on the current android version
- have to resign in far too frequently (you should stay signed in)
- No Notifications when you get messages or friend requests.
Developer: Akop Karapetyan
Version:: Varies by device
Google Play Description
"Xbox Live profile management made easy. With widgets, notifications, and more."
Spark 360 is
one of the first fully functional Xbox 360 clients available for the android platform. (Yes, there were others out there but none of them gave you the features that Spark did.) This app allows you to manage your Xbox live profile(s), Add friends, send messages, compare achievements, set beacons.
Does it work?
Yes, it work like you would expect it to. @ times it can be a little slow though, even on WiFi.
- Clean UI, with cover flow in landscape mode
- Microsoft Points converter (not sure why Microsoft just doesn't you regular money figures...?)
- Multiple accounts
- Send and receive, Messages and friend requests
- Set Beacons
- At times it takes a while to load
- Can't listen to voice messages
- Cost a dollar (i was a spark user from when it was in beta and it was free and call open spark...)
|My Xbox Live|
Honestly i find this to be a hard choice to choose which one is better. I've been a long time user of Spark 360 and i still like it. I get notifications when my friends send me a message and friend requests. When i compare it to the official app from Microsoft the differences become apparent in the UI department. Everything just flows so smoothly in My Xbox Live plus they threw in the avatar editor (which I'm not a huge fan of on the Xbox itself... ) that I know will appeal to some people (I won't point them out but, they know who they are lol). Overall i have to give the edge to the My Xbox Live app because it does what it does pretty much flawlessly.
(My Xbox Live)
(not all version of the app are created equal... IOS and Windows versions
have more features so i went in-between 4 and a 4.5)
Google Play: 3.6
Google Play: 4.6
My Xbox Live