Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Blue) - Review
Looking for a great Bluetooth Speaker but don’t to spend a fortune on it. Anker has a solution for you…
#Anker #BluetoothSpeaker #Review
Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker (Blue)
Category: Speaker / Accessories
“High definition sound and the industry's longest playtime packed into one of the smallest packages. Your mobile audio, delivered.” - Amazon
What is it?
This is a portable Bluetooth Speaker that has amazing battery life. We are talking about 20 hours on average.
- Battery Life - not only is the battery life awesome but it charges pretty fast as well.
- Size - This thing is small and compact. I’m not sure why a lot of the competitors’ devices are so bulky…
- Sound Quality - I’m surprised at how good the sound quality is even at maximum volume. This speaker will fill an average sized bedroom with sound.
- Comes with a Travel pouch like most Anker products
- Price - $24.99 or even $29.99 seems like a better sweet spot. Knowing Anker the price will drop eventually.
- No skip track controls - This is more nitpicking than anything due to this feature not really being required due to you having a phone connected anyways.
- No wall adapter - This device doesn't ship with a wall adapter
- 4W / 2 inch Driver and Bass port
- 15 - 20 hour playtime (2100mAh Li-ion Battery)
- 3.5mm audio in port (For non-Bluetooth devices)
- 33 feet Bluetooth range
- Built-in microphone with 2 feet pickup range
Build Quality: 5
At a glance it just looks like a small cube but, when you look a bit closer it still looks like a small cube… Well it actually more rectangular being that its length is longer than its height. The blue model has a smooth matte finish which doesn’t really show fingerprints unless you shine light on it which is a plus. Buttons are all clicky and responsive which is great. The bottom has a soft rubbery material so you wont have worry about it sliding around smooth surfaces.
Audio Quality: 4.5
Probably the most important thing about a speaker is the audio quality which defiantly not a let down here. In a small room this speaker will shine the best by filling it with clear high quality audio. Even in a average sized room this sounds awesome. I’ve taken this to a Outdoor basketball courts and it's sufficient enough for half court games. For it’s size it will will be very hard to find something that can match its quality.
In this price range you won’t find something that will last you 20 hours and produce high quality sound. I’ve had this speaker a little over 2 weeks and i’ve only charged it 3 times. I use it almost everyday, The only real issue i have is there is no connection button. The only way to connect to a different device is to disconnect from the device you are currently connected to and power off then power back on.
This is easily the best bluetooth speaker under $50. Anker did an awesome job with this one and i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for something portable and inexpensive.
Average (Amazon): 4.4
Flat out it's a great buy. So far I Haven’t been disappointed with any of the Anker products that i have purchased.
For Future Revisions
- Anker should try to make this model splash proof. I know it would be hard to do being that the speaker sits on the top of the device.
- Anker should make it so you can connect to multiple of these at once. maybe create a app that allow you to manage that.
- Anker should make a Hub app that allow multiple devices to connect to one speaker. With this multiple people could cue up songs in a playlist.
23.4 / 2594