AFTERGLOW® AX.4 Wired Communicator - Review
So.. Your Xbox 360 headset died but you don't want to invest in a new one for a slowly fading system (at least this is my sentiments). What do you do? You buy a cheap replacement of course...
AFTERGLOW® Wired Communicator – AX.4
Manufacturer: PDP (Performance designed Products)
Platform: Microsoft Xbox 360
Price: $15.99 – $19.99
Where to buy: Wal-Mart, Amazon (note: that the one I have appears to be slightly different than the ones advertised on both amazon and Walmart)
- Crystal clear communications for online gaming.
- Flexible noise canceling microphone.
- Mic rotate to allow left of right ear placement
- Large mute button and dial volume control.
What is it?
The AX.4 is an inexpensive wired headset replacement for the Xbox 360 that glows which ever color you have purchased.
- Decent build quality (a lot better than the original Xbox 360 wired head set
- Decent audio quality
- Easy to tell when your mic is muted or not
- Not a battery glutton
- This glow is pretty dim
- Experienced instances when I could communicate over the mic (not completely sure it this was due to the mic or the Xbox…)
Overall you get what you paid for, and that it’s a pretty good deal. You won’t get turtle beach quality but honestly who really needs that when the main purpose of headsets on Xbox live is to be cursed out by a 12 year old kid while you are playing GTA or Call of Duty…
If you have an Xbox 360 and you are looking for a cheap headset, pass over the OEM one and pick this one up.
Build Quality | Design: 3.5
Audio quality: 3.5
Average (Amazon): 2.6
17.1 / 25