One of the best #XboxOne games is about to get even better.
" Hello, Spartans – Bravo here. As many of you know, with Halo 5: Guardians we set out to continually transform the game, adding more content, maps, items, gameplay and overall Halo goodness long after launch. It’s easily the most extensive post-launch content plan for a Halo game ever, with free content releases like The Battle of Shadow and Light, The Cartographer’s Gift, Infinity’s Armory and, available today, Hammer Storm. For those keeping track, that’s 11 new maps, 12 new modes (including Big Team Battle and Forge) and more than 180 new REQ items – all completely free.
And that brings us to the February content release for Halo 5: Guardians, officially dubbed Hammer Storm. Like our previous releases, the content will automatically download and install once you launch Halo 5: Guardians, with the complete portfolio of REQ content lighting up in the system throughout the day. Highlights of this release include:
- New game modes: Grifball, Assault and Fiesta. From the hammer-meets-sword sports sensation of Grifball, and weapon-roulette hilarity of Fiesta, to the fan-favorite Assault game type that’s been fully evolved for Halo 5: Guardians, Hammer Storm brings a brand new game mode to fit every flavor of Halo fan.
- New map Torque. An entirely new environment primed for battle, Torque is a large symmetrical map that caters to Capture the Flag and Assault game modes. The pistons in each courtyard can provide key gameplay for cover, traversal, and objective movement.
- New weapons change the game. The Gravity Hammer provides the proper tool for smashing enemies, and the Halo: CE Pistol brings back a legacy of single handed death-dealing. Be sure to watch for the classic headshot death animation when you deliver the killing blow!
- New REQ items. Hammer Storm contains a myriad of new REQs, including attachments for loadout weapons, weapon skins, armors, emblems, assassinations, visors, and stances.
- New possibilities with Forge. The new “ball” mechanic that powers the Assault and Grifball modes unlocks the potential for entirely new game types in Forge mode, not to mention paving the way for returning favorites like Oddball and Ricochet." - Microsoft (XboxWire)
You cant go wrong with free DLC... Plus its available today... What are you waiting for go out and download it....