A Closer Look at the Nintendo Switch
Okay Nintendo, you have all our attention. Don’t disappoint us with random BS and make this system something game-changing.
#Nintendo #NintendoSwitch #Gaming
What We Know…
Nintendo has released little information about their upcoming console. We know the whole premise of it is to be a portable home console but what type of sacrifices will that entail? Nintendo did release obvious info about the system in a small press release. You can read it in our article HERE!!! We also know that the console will be launching within the launch window of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. If you analyze the trailer that they have released, you will find even more info about the system.
The Console: While there is virtually nothing known or confirmed about the internals of the Nintendo Switch we can tell a few things about the console from the Promotional video.
- The tablet portion of the console will have a 7-9 inch Display. It will likely be at least a 720p or more resolution. It wouldn’t make much sense for them to keep it below HD resolution this day and age.
- There will be a Pro type Controller that will have a traditional D-Pad and knowing Nintendo it will likely be sold separately.
- The Nintendo Switch will have a Kickstand on the back of the tablet portion.
- There is a Headphone Jack on the top of the tablet.
- The Nintendo Switch will use a Proprietary Game Card rather than a disk format.
- USB Ports can be seen on the side of the docking station.
- NVIDIA will be making the chip set for the console. You can read more about it HERE!!! They don’t give much info in their press release though. It should be noted in the promotional video the console is running Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Skyrim.
- NFC / Amiibo support.
Games: Honestly there is only 1 game confirmed for the Nintendo Switch, which is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, but other games can be seen in the trailer….
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (not sure if it is the special edition of the game or not)
- Mario Kart (Looks like 8 but we aren’t totally sure)
- NBA Game (looks like it is from the 2K Series)
- Untitled Super Mario Game
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Nintendo EShop with Compatibility with previous consoles
- Touch Screen, not a must but it would be nice.
- GPS and possible cell antenna. Can you say Pokemon Go!?
- 1080p Display
- Motion Controls
- Revamped social aspect
- Rear Camera
- At least a 10,000 mAh battery
- At least 32GB of on board storage.
- SD Card Support
- Kingdom Hearts III (Make it happen Square)
I am excited for the upcoming Nintendo Switch. Playing The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild on the go is a dream come true. Especially with my busy on the move lifestyle. The Nintendo Switch may mean that the sun will be setting on the Nintendo 3DS consoles. Especially if the Switch is Touch Enabled. Time will tell but as of right now, I’m excited for the future.