Sony PlayStation E3 2016 Wrap-Up | Afterthoughts
Sony is dominating the so called console war this generation by selling just over 40 million units since its release 3 years ago. This year at E3 all Sony has to do to sustain momentum is showcase some killer software. Did they accomplish this? Read more to find out…
#E32016 #PlayStation #SonyE3
What they shown off…
Games, games, and more games!!! Sony rocked the stage with tons of games that will be gracing more than 40 million PlayStation 4 units, many of which will be releasing this year. Sony also announced some software that will be compatible with its upcoming PlayStation VR.
- God of War 4
- The Last Guardian
- Detroit Become Human
- Resident Evil VII Biohazard & Resident Evil Remaster
- PlayStation VR ($399.99)
- Star Wars Battlefront X-Wing VR
- Batman Arkham VR
- Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare
- Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy XV VR
- Lego Star Wars Episode VII
- Death Stranding
- Decent amount of Exclusives
- Many games releasing will be releasing within the next 9 months
- Sony Brought back Hideo Kojima to develop a new title for them
- Live Orchestra Performing during the show.
- VR looks to be nicely implemented
- OMG SPIDERMAN!!!
- PlayStation VR is Expensive ($399.99)
- No new tech announced
- PlayStation Vita is Dead… - Sony didn’t announce anything at all for the PlayStation Vita. I’m begining to that that the PS Vita will be Sony’s last handheld… R.I.P PS Vita
Game wise Sony had a lot to offer. They shown off a variety of titles including ones that will only be available on the PS4. I’m looking forward to getting my hands on “The Last Guardian” as well as “God of War”. I’ve been waiting for the The last guardian for years now and, while they didn’t show too much more off, it still looks great. God of War 4 looks amazing and the narrative seems to be very interesting. Something is leading me to believe that Kratos’ son might be killed off early in the game… Spider Man looks flat out amazing!!! Overall Sony had a very strong showing of games. VR to me is gimmicky at the moment and i can’t see myself forking over $400 on a PSVR right now. I kinda wished sony announced a revised version of the PS4 like Microsoft did with the Xbox One S. Sony will probably wait until TGS to announce that.
After looking at the strong lineup listed above it, would be hard to give it a mediocre score, so i didn't…
New Tech / Features: 3
While Sony had a great showing of upcoming games for the PS4 they had nothing to say about new tech (Beside PSVR) or features. This is both a pro and a con IMO.
Sony pulled a Classic Nintendo on us by using a full orchestra during to duration of the press conference. They also brought out Ex-Konami mastermind Hideo Kojima to announce his new project.