Google I/O 2014 Wrap Up
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Google I/O
#Googleio #IO2014 #Googleio2014
Google I/O is a event mostly for developers and press to get previews of what Google has in store for its platforms (Android, Chrome, etc.). Over the last couple of years the event has grown in popularity due them announcing new devices and exciting new features for their platforms. 2014 isn't much different, Google's focus in the Keynote was clearly the new "L" version of Android (still not named or numbered but there is a good chance that it will be 5.0).
- Of all the things shown off by Google this year, the most impressive thing is probably the new "L" android version (it will probably be "Lollipop" or "LifeSaver" if so you herd it here first!!! lol). Google claims to over changes made throughout. This version will sport big UI changes including new soft button design, and animations
- Android Wear: It turned out to be everything I expected it to be. In short, it is Google Now on your wrist.
- LG G Watch can be ordered today
- Google TV is giving it another go
- Office Documents can now be edited seamlessly through Google Drive
- Unlimited Storage for $10 a month w/ Google Drive (Thanks +kaiser avm for reminding me of that one lol)
- Android One phone announced
- Samsung's Rehashed Galaxy Gear is getting Android Wear and will be available asap. (Why didn't they just make it available for all android platforms form the get go...?)
- No new Nexus device announced
- No word on Android Silver (Maybe a good thing...)
- protestors, Protestors, PROTESTORS!!! Seriously though I can't believe people would spend all that time,effort, and money to get into Google I/O just to act a fool. It was funny though.
Overall I'm looking forward to the new version of android coming later this year. If no new nexus device is announced by fall i may just buy a google play edition device.
Stay tuned for more info on Google I/O 2014